Ласкаво просимо (welcome)
- The Ukraine currency is called the Hryvnia.
- Football (soccer) is the most popular sport in Ukraine, the two most successful clubs teams are rivals FC Dynamo Kyiv and FC Shakhtar Donetsk. Ukraine co-hosted the 2012 UEFA Euro's with Poland.
- Traditional Ukrainian dishes include varenyky and pyirogy, soup called borsch and famous specialties named after the capital city such as Chicken Kiev and the dessert Kiev Cake.
- The name Ukraine is believed to originally mean "borderland" or "region". In English 'The Ukraine' used to be the form used now it is just called 'Ukraine'.
- Ukraine has an area of 603,628 km² (233,062 mi²), which makes it the largest country with its entirety within Europe.
- Ukraine shares land borders with 7 countries, Russia, Belarus, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania and Moldova.